The team behind the Open EHR project seem to be behind the best "best practise" approachs to medical information systems I found so far, or at least its an approach that makes intuitive sense to me from a systems engineering and long-term maintainability perspective. I guess the devil is in the detail, and perhaps the practicality of implementation.
Many of these notions were being discussed years ago. Back when I was doing work on "ontologies," one of the other "big things" was GEHR. It looks like GEHR has grown up into open EHR but the presentation has matured a lot. To be honest I never really understood much coming out of GEHR, but this document actually makes sense (I really like figures 6, 7, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19 and 20, and more). The simplicity of figure 15 is like poetry!
I always found the GEHR stuff like wading through a porridge of jargon, and never actually saw anything that could be used, yet alone something that came close to an electronic health record. But I feel I really need to understand this later stuff. This mob have been thinking continually about it for years and just by skimming the document it is obvious that many fundamental problems have been considered and addressed.
Many of these notions were being discussed years ago. Back when I was doing work on "ontologies," one of the other "big things" was GEHR. It looks like GEHR has grown up into open EHR but the presentation has matured a lot. To be honest I never really understood much coming out of GEHR, but this document actually makes sense (I really like figures 6, 7, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19 and 20, and more). The simplicity of figure 15 is like poetry!
I always found the GEHR stuff like wading through a porridge of jargon, and never actually saw anything that could be used, yet alone something that came close to an electronic health record. But I feel I really need to understand this later stuff. This mob have been thinking continually about it for years and just by skimming the document it is obvious that many fundamental problems have been considered and addressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment