Had a few thoughts about "business cases" over the weekend (as you do).
With effort, I’ve pulled my head briefly out of the clouds (strategy and architecture) and thought about what could be concrete and readily implementable.
These two clinical information projects have come immediately to mind as potential immediately practical applications, useful in my current mixed public/private tertiary hospital campus:
- A generalisable computerised patient history taking system (ie a smart web questionnaire) – there seems to be plenty of evidence for these, and such a system would have an immediate role. Commercial products are already starting to appear, but there is plenty of scope to do better.
- A medical "problem list" integrator. It seems simple. As a doctor, when I meet a patient it would be really helpful if I could see a list of their current (and past) medical issues. It gets tricky because different systems and sources contain different information and every clinician and speciality has their own view on what should be in such a list and how it should be sorted, grouped and filtered. Still, making a simple start wouldn’t be hard… I don’t think…
No comments:
Post a Comment